State Fair Corn Dog
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp Prairie Farms Salted Butter melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Prairie Farms buttermilk
- 8 hot dogs
- In a large mixing bowl combine dry ingredients. Next, mix together egg, butter, and buttermilk until combined. Pour batter into a large, tall glass.
- Heat up a deep fryer with vegetable, canola, or peanut oil to 375 degrees F.
- Insert wooden skewers into the base of the hot dog. Then, dip the hot dog into the batter until coated. Fry corn dogs in deep fryer and cook 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Remove from hot oil with metal tongs and let cool on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy with a squeeze of mustard or ketchup.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter