Pumpkin Spice Scones
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 stick Prairie Farms unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Prairie Farms Pumpkin Spice Milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp Prairie Farms Pumpkin Spice Milk
- Oven to 425 F. Place a sheet of parchment on your baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours and salt, then ‘pinch in’ the softened butter and pumpkin puree until you have a ‘coarse meal’ looking dough. Mix in the sugar, then add in the milk to make a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a floured board and knead very minimally to prevent a lot of gluten formation. Pat out in a circle that is ¾” thick. Cut with a 2 ½” biscuit cutter. Re-knead and flatten scraps to get a total of 8 scones. Place on sheet.
- Brush tops with a little more milk and bake off 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire cooling rack.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and pumpkin spice milk for glaze. Add additional milk or sugar for desired consistency. Spoon glaze over cooled scones and enjoy!
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter