Orange Carrot Cake
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups Prairie Farms 100% Pure Premium Orange Juice
- 4 eggs large, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 Prairie Farms Salted Butter, melted
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 lb finely grated carrots
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz Prairie Farms unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp Prairie Farms 100% Pure Premium Orange Juice
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Grease two 9" round cake pans and dust with flour.
- In a medium bowl, sift together dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
- In a mixer, beat eggs, sugar, melted butter, brown sugar, and crushed pineapple. Slowly add dry ingredients. Mix well. Add carrots and blend well.
- Pour batter into cake pans and top with chopped pecans. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove cakes from oven and let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and allow to cool completely on wire racks.
- Using your mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add orange juice, then slowly add confectioners' sugar until blended.
- Place one cake on a serving plate. Spread icing evenly over the top. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Place second cake on top, spread icing, then sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter