Magic Layered Sugar Cookie Dessert
- 1/2 Cup Prairie Farms unsalted butter
- 2 Cups Prairie Farms Milk
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 1/4 Cups powdered sugar
- 4 Large eggs
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Cup flour
- 2 tsp almond extract
- Preheat over to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease an 8" x8" baking pan.
- Melt butter in a microwave safe dish. Set aside and let cool. Using two separate bowls, separate eggs, yolks in one bowl and whites in the other.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Set aside. Whisk powdered sugar into yolks, then add butter, sugar, water, milk, and almond extract. Blend well. Slowly add flour until incorporated.
- Gently fold in egg whites, a little at a time, until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes. Note: Cover with foil if top browns too quickly.
- Test with a toothpick in center of dessert. Cake is done when the custard center is just set. Do not overcook.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. Before serving, dust with powdered sugar.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter