- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onions, diced
- 24 oz pasta sauce
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 cup Prairie Farms cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Large egg
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 16 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Meat Sauce: Brown ground beef with onion and salt and pepper in a large skillet until meat is cooked through. Drain fat from meat.
- Add spaghetti sauce and crushed red pepper then stir to combine. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer meat sauce for 30 minutes.
- Cheese Mixture: Combine cottage cheese, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, egg, parsley, oregano, garlic and salt; stir to combine then set aside.
- Cook lasagna noodles in salted water per package instructions until al dente.
- Coat bottom of large 9x12 rectangular baking pan with olive oil. Arrange 3-4 noodles in a single layer at the base of the baking pan.
- Spread 1/3 of the cottage cheese mixture over noodles. Top cheese mixture with 1/3 fo the meat sauce. Top meat sauce with 1/4 of mozzarella cheese. Repeat these layers two times, adding remaining mozzarella and remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese to the top.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Remove aluminum foil from dish and continue baking for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and let stand 15-20 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley
Love this Recipe?Share it