Hearty Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- 1 stick Prairie Farms salted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 qt chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt & pepper
- 1 lb chicken breast cubed
- 1 onion diced
- 1 cup potatoes diced
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 can black eyed peas
- 1 can tomatoes, whole
- fresh parsley
- In large saucepan melt 1 stick of butter. Add 1/2 cup flour. Add chicken stock, and whisk until smooth.
- Add chicken, potatoes and onion in a saucepan and cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add water, carrots, celery and black eyed peas. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with fresh parsley flakes.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter