- 1/2 cup Prairie Farms butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup Prairie Farms milk
- 3 cup cherries no stems or pits
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Prairie Farms Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in oven in a 2 quart, 8x11 baking dish.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Add milk gradually until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour batter into baking dish on top of butter until the butter is covered with batter.
- In a separate bowl sprinkle lemon juice on cherries. Top the batter evenly with cherry mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes or until cobbler is light brown across the entire dish.
- Serve warm or à la mode with a scoop of Homemade Vanilla ice cream.
This recipe is so incredibly easy that I can't help but experiment with any fruit I have on hand. I've tried this with blackberries, blueberries, peaches and mixed berries with amazing results. Fresh or frozen fruit works as well. Sometimes I'll mix up a glaze with powdered sugar and Prairie Farms milk to drizzle on top. This doesn't last long at my house!
Love this Recipe?Share it