Cottage Cheese Mac & Cheese Bake
- 6 oz uncooked macaroni or penne pasta
- 6 Tbsp Prairie Farms Salted Butter
- 6 Tbsp flour
- 3 cups Prairie Farms milk
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 slices American processed cheese
- 2/3 cup Prairie Farms sour cream
- 1 1/3 cup Prairie Farms cottage cheese small curd
- 3 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 cup colby jack cheese shredded
- 3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Prairie Farms Salted Butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Cook in salted water until al dente and drain in colander.
- In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Combine flour until fully mixed into a roux.
- Stirring, slowly add milk and cook over medium heat. Stir constantly until sauce thickens.
- Add salt and slices of American processed cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted. Add the sour cream and cottage cheese and stir well.
- Remove from heat. Add the cooked pasta and shredded cheese. Stir until combined.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13" rectangular dish.
- In a seperate bowl combine bread crumbs and butter for topping. Sprinkle the topping over pasta.
- Bake at 350˚ for 45 to 50 minutes until bread topping is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
- Remove and let cool for 15 minutes and serve.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter