Chicken Breast with Jalapeno Sauce
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp Prairie Farms butter
- 2 Tbsp Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 Tbsp Minced Onion
- 1 Tbsp Minced Jalapeno
- 2 Tbsp white wine
- 1/4 cup Prairie Farms Heavy Whipping Cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Season chicken breast and sear in butter over medium-high heat until a nice color develops, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer breast to an oven-safe pan and stick in oven to finish cooking.
- Do not wipe out skillet; what’s left is the initial layer of your sauce! Return skillet to the burner on medium and add the chicken broth.
- Scrape brown bits off bottom of pan, then add the minced onion and let them soften, allowing broth to almost completely evaporate.
- Add the white wine and jalapenos and finish scraping the bottom of the pan, allowing the wine to almost evaporate.
- Finally, add the cream and keep stirring for several minutes until the sauce you have created reaches the desired thickness. It should coat the back of a spoon, and leave a line when your finger runs across the back of a spoon with no ‘drips’.
- Remove chicken pan from oven and pour any drippings into sauce skillet. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
- Allow breast to rest a few minutes, then slice it diagonally and arrange on a plate. Spoon your sauce over the breast and serve.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter