Chef Nathaniel Reid's Vanilla Bean Parfait Sundae
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- 1 ¼ cups Prairie Farms Whole Milk
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 1 ½ Vanilla Bean Pods
- 2 cups Prairie Farms Heavy Whipping Cream
Raspberry Black Currant Sauce
- 12 Raspberries
- 4 tbsp Black Currant Puree
- 2 tsp Powdered Sugar
- ¾ cup Prairie Farms Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 ½ tsp Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Vanilla Bean Pod
- Quartered Strawberries optional, for topping
- Toasted Sliced Almonds optional, for topping
Vanilla Bean Parfait Preparation
- In a small-sized pot over low heat, warm the whole milk and vanilla bean pods until simmering. Stirring occasionally.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until smooth. Add half of the warm vanilla milk mixture to the yolks and whisk until smooth.
- Pour mixture back into the pot with the remaining milk mixture and whisk. Continue to cook over low heat until the mixture reaches 185º.
- Strain the mixture into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Whisk on medium speed until cool and frothy.
- Add the heavy cream into a separate medium-sized bowl. Whip until medium peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the egg mixture. Portion into 4 parfait sundae glasses and freeze overnight.
Raspberry Black Currant Sauce Preparation
- In a small bowl, crush the raspberries with the back of a fork. Add the black currant puree and powdered sugar and mix well. Store in refrigerator until needed.
Vanilla Chantilly Preparation
- Once you are ready to assemble your sundae, add heavy cream into a medium-sized bowl. Split and scrape the vanilla bean seeds, then add to heavy cream.
- Add the sugar and whisk until medium peaks form.
- Remove your vanilla bean parfait from the freezer, and spoon black currant sauce over top. Spoon or pipe the chantilly cream over top and garnish with strawberries and almonds. Enjoy!
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter