Servings: 24 cupcakes
- 2/3 cup Prairie Farms Salted Caramel Milk
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsps baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick Prairie Farms unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 stick Prairie Farms unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp Prairie Farms Salted Caramel Milk
- Butterscotch Syrup
- Preheat Oven to 350°F
- Line two 12 cup muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in a small mixing bowl.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a standing mixer (with the wire attachment) on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time.
- Turn down mixer speed to medium low; add half of the flour mixture, then all of the Salted Caramel milk.
- Lastly, add the remaining flour mixture and blend until combined.
- Fill cupcake liners about three-quarters full. The batter will rise as it's baked. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes. Then transfer cupcakes to a cooling rack. Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
- To create frosting beat butter and shortening in a standing mixer with the paddle attachment until fluffy. Then slowly add powdered sugar, using a rubber spatula to clean the sides. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Use a star shaped decorating tip to swirl icing on top. Lastly, drizzle the icing with butterscotch syrup. Enjoy!
You can store remaining buttercream in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Sprinkle cupcakes with cinnamon sugar and enjoy with an ice cold glass of milk.
Love this Recipe?Share it