- 1 lb Puff Pastry thawed
- 3 medium Granny Smith Apples peeled, cored and diced
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Prairie Farms Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Prairie Farms Milk
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp Prairie Farms Heavy Whipping Cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare baking sheet by lining with parchment paper. Thaw puff pastry according to package directions.
- Melt butter in a medium sized pot over medium heat. Add diced apples and lemon juice. Cook until softened (5 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Simmer until caramelized, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat, and cool.
- Place thawed puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Roll into a square. Cut into 4 equal squares.
- In center of each square, place about 2 tablespoons of apple filling, leaving at least a 1/2” border.
- Make an egg wash by beating together egg and milk in a small bowl. Brush along the border of each square.
- Bring the edges together, folding the square into a triangle, and crimp with a fork to seal. Using a paring knife, make 2-3 small slits into the top of each pastry. Place onto prepared baking sheet. Repeat steps 4-7 with second puff pastry sheet for a total of 8 apple turnovers.
- Brush the tops of each turnover with egg wash. Bake 20-25 minutes until pastry has puffed up and is golden brown.
- Make glaze: In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar and heavy cream until desired consistency is reached. Laze should be slightly runny. Once turnovers are done, drizzle glaze over them while they’re still warm. Enjoy!
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter