- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 stick Prairie Farms unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Prairie Farms Pumpkin Spice Milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp Prairie Farms Pumpkin Spice Milk
- Oven to 425 F. Place a sheet of parchment on your baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours and salt, then ‘pinch in’ the softened butter and pumpkin puree until you have a ‘coarse meal’ looking dough. Mix in the sugar, then add in the milk to make a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a floured board and knead very minimally to prevent a lot of gluten formation. Pat out in a circle that is ¾” thick. Cut with a 2 ½” biscuit cutter. Re-knead and flatten scraps to get a total of 8 scones. Place on sheet.
- Brush tops with a little more milk and bake off 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire cooling rack.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and pumpkin spice milk for glaze. Add additional milk or sugar for desired consistency. Spoon glaze over cooled scones and enjoy!
Love this Recipe?Share it