- 3/4 Cups Prairie Farms Salted Butter, softened
- 4 oz Prairie Farms cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 Cups cake flour
- 1 1/4 Cups sugar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Prairie Farms Sour Cream, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Large Eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Dash salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F and prepare a 9x5” loaf pan with Prairie Farms Butter and line with parchment paper.
- With a hand or stand mixer, beat the softened butter on high speed until smooth. Mix in cream cheese, beating on high speed until combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add the sugar and beat for about 1 minute. Beat in Prairie Farms Sour Cream and vanilla extract until creamy. Scrape down the bowl to check for lumps in the mixture.
- Beat the eggs in one at time on low speed until the mix is a consistent texture. Then add the cake flour. Do not overmix. Scrape down the bottom and sides of the bowl one more time, ensuring there are no lumps. Batter should be thick and very creamy.
- Evenly pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and tap the pan on a counter a few times to let out any air bubbles. Bake for 35 minutes and then tent the pan with foil to prevent the surface from over browning. Bake for an additional 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out completely clean.
- Once done, allow the cake to completely cool on a wire rack. Slice and serve how you please. We suggest with Prairie Farms Whipped Cream and fresh berries. Cake can be stored in air tight container up to 5 days.
Love this Recipe?Share it