Servings: 24 cupcakes
- 1 cup Prairie Farms Chocolate Mint Milk
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 2 cup sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup water hot
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Cocoa Buttercream Frosting:
- 1/4 cup Prairie Farms unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp Prairie Farms Chocolate Mint Milk
- Peppermint Candy Canes
- Preheat oven to 350°F/160°C. Bring water to boiling
- Add all dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and stir. Add eggs, chocolate mint milk, oil, and vanilla. Blend for 2 minutes then combine hot water.
- Lastly, stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into lined cupcake cups.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Let cool. Remove cupcakes from pan and let cool completely.
- To make cocoa buttercream frosting: beat softened butter and shortening in a stand mixer until fluffy. In a separate bowl combine cocoa and powdered sugar. Slowly add sugar mixture to the mixer while continuously beating. Then, add chocolate mint milk and beat until frosting is combined.
- Lastly, frost cupcakes and top with crushed candy cane for garnish.
Love this Recipe?Share it