Servings: 8 people
- 1 1/2 Cups Prairie Farms milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 7 Tbsp Granulated sugar, divided
- 6 Tbsp Prairie Farms butter
- 2 Tbsp Active, dry yeast
- 4 Cups White flour
- 2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Quart oil for frying
- In a small saucepan, combine milk, salt, butter and 2 tablespoons of sugar on medium heat. Stir and heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, letting cool until warm, about 110°F. Sprinkle yeast on top and let sit until foamy.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl, and gently stir in flour until a dough forms. Knead until smooth, cover and let rise 30 minutes or until it has doubled in size. Combine cinnamon and 5 tablespoons of sugar, set aside.
- In a large pot or deep fryer, heat 3 inches of oil to 375°F. Roll out 1-2 inch balls of dough into thin sheets. Fry for 1-2 minutes on each side, until puffed and golden. Drain on paper towels and immediately sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Enjoy!
Love this Recipe?Share it