Servings: 4 servings
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp allspice berries
- 1/2 Tbsp peppercorns
- 4 duck legs large
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 Boxes (1 lb) Prairie Farms unsalted butter melted
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Cup Prairie Farms sour cream
- 1 Cup Spring Mix Salad Fresh
- Crush all sea salt and spices together. Wipe duck with paper towel and pat dry, then rub spice mixture over duck. Let sit for 20 min at room temperature.
- Put duck in a slow cooker. Add finely chopped onion and garlic, then pour butter over meat. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Strain out cooking juices. Cool quickly so fat solidifies and broth separates. Remove fat with a spoon and save broth for sauce.
- Bring about 1/2 cup broth to a pan and simmer on low, stir in balsamic vinegar, mustard and tomato paste. Add sour cream.
- Garnish duck legs with sauce and sprinkle with spring mix salad and serve.
Love this Recipe?Share it