Servings: 12 servings
Donut Hole Muffins
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 Cup Prairie Farms whole milk
- 1/4 Cup Prairie Farms sour cream
- 1 Tbsp Prairie Farms unsalted butter melted
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Cinnamon Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease a mini muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and fold until just combined. Put batter into piping bag and pipe batter into pan, filling each about ¾ full.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until tops are just dry and bottoms are lightly golden. Remove from pan and place on cooling rack.
- While muffins are still warm, role to coat in cinnamon sugar. Enjoy immediately or store in an air tight container 3-4 days.
If cinnamon sugar does not stick, lightly spray with water then role in cinnamon sugar. Different toppings can be used. For a chocolate topping, melt together ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 2 tbsp milk. Dip or spread on top of muffins. For a classic glaze, whisk together ½ cup powdered sugar, 1 tbsp milk and ¼ tsp vanilla until smooth. Once muffins are cool enough to handle, dip into glaze and set on cooling rack to let glaze harden.
Love this Recipe?Share it