Servings: 12 People
Chocolate Custard Scones
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 2/3 Cups all-purpose flour
- 5 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 Tsp Espresso Powder (optional for flavor & color)
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp baking soda
- 3/4 Tsp salt
- 8 Tbsp Prairie Farms Unsalted Butter, cold & cut into pats
- 1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 Cup Prairie Farms Chocolate Custard
- 1 Cup Prairie Farms whole milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine 3 tablespoons powdered sugar with 1 tsp cocoa powder and sprinkle onto baking sheet, to keep the scones from sticking. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Sprinkle the pats of butter evenly onto mixture and work butter in until it is the size of small peas using a pastry cutter, your fingertips or a stand mixer equipped with a paddle attachment. Stir in chocolate chips.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vanilla, egg and chocolate custard. Gradually add into the dry mixture until fully incorporated and evenly moist. If needed, add additional tablespoons of chocolate custard to help dough come together.
- Divide dough in half and place onto prepared baking sheet. Form both into circles about 6” wide and ¾” thick. Using a sharp knife, cut each circle into 6 equal pieces and spread about 1” apart, keeping in a circle.
- Bake for approximately 16-20 minutes, just until they lose their moist look.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack for cooling. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, serve and enjoy! Pair with a glass of Prairie Farms Whole Milk.
Love this Recipe?Share it