- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1 lb Italian Sausage
- 1 10oz Frozen Spinach, chopped Thaw, squeeze water out, pat dry
- 1 8oz Prairie Farms Cream Cheese
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Cups Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 Cup Prairie Farms 4% Cottage Cheese
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 24 Jumbo Pasta Shells cooked and drained
- 1 29oz Tomato Sauce, canned
- 1 Tbsp Minced Onion, dried
- 1 1/2 tsp Basil, dried
- 1 1/2 tsp Parsley Flakes, dried
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Oregano, dried
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil and heat until shimmering. Add onion and sauté until soft. Add Italian sausage, cook and stir until no longer pink. Drain grease. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add spinach, cream cheese, and egg to meat, mix well. Stir in spinach, cheddar, cottage cheese, parmesan, and one cup of mozzarella, salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a medium bowl, combine all sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- in a baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray, place cooked pasta shells in a single layer, and stuff each shell with the sausage mixture. Spoon sauce over shells once all are filled.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top. Return to oven and bake 5-10 minutes longer, until cheese is melted and bubbling. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Love this Recipe?Share it