Servings: 8 Rolls
- 1 package Active, dry yeast
- 1/4 Cup warm water
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 Cup Prairie Farms butter cold, cubed
- 1/2 Cup Prairie Farms milk
- 2 egg yolks room temperature
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 containers (3.5 oz) Prairie Farms Small Batch Honey Vanilla Cream Cheese Spreads
- 1 egg separated, room temperature
- 1/2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Cherry Jam topping (optional)
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. In another bowl, mix flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Add milk, egg yolks and yeast mixture; stir to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky). Cover and refrigerate 8-24 hours.
- To assemble, punch down dough; divide into 2 portions. On a lightly floured surface, pat each portion into a 9x4-in. rectangle; sprinkle each with cinnamon. Cut each rectangle lengthwise into four 9x1-in. strips. Twist each strip, then loosely wrap strip around itself to form a coil; tuck end under and pinch to seal. Place 3 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Beat cream cheese spreads and egg yolk until smooth. Press an indentation in center of each roll; fill with 1 rounded tablespoon cream cheese mixture. Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk egg white with water; brush over rolls. Bake until golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Remove to wire racks; brush with syrup. Add cherry jam if you desire. Serve warm.
Love this Recipe?Share it