Swedish Meatballs with Cranberry Sauce
- 1 lb ground beef lean
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 2/3 cup Prairie Farms Sour Cream
- 1/2 white onion finely chopped
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp parsley fresh
- 1 tsp Salt & Pepper each
- 1/4 cup Prairie Farms Salted Butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Prairie Farms Vitamin D Milk
- 1 cup beef broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup chunky cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- To make meatballs, combine ground beef and pork, sour cream, onion, bread crumbs, egg, salt, pepper and parsley. Using your hands, roll shape into small balls.
- Place meatballs on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake on top rack in oven for 20 minutes, turn over and cook an additional 5-10 minutes or until well browned, and internal temperature is 165 degrees or more.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Whisk in flour to form a roux. Slowly add milk and broth. Whisk until roux has absorbed all of the liquid. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir until gravy is smooth and thick then remove from heat. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle cooked meatballs with warm gravy. Serve with chilled cranberry sauce as a side. Refrigerate leftovers.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter