- 3 cup Prairie Farms whole milk
- 2 tbsp Prairie Farms butter melted
- 8 cup water
- 6 cup cauliflower florets
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon tsp fresh thyme chopped or 3/4 dried thyme
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese grated
- 3/4 cup green onions finely chopped
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F/160°C
- Place cauliflower on non-stick cooking sheet and roast for 20 minutes until edges turn lightly brown.
- Bring water to a rolling boil, add pasta and cook 7 minutes until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In large saucepan combine flour and milk, stirring well with a wisk. Stir in thyme and garlic. Cook over medium heat until thick (about 8 minutes) stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt, cheeses, onions, mustard and pepper.
- Combine cauliflower, pasta and cheese sauce into a 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add salt and pepper, as needed.
Love this Recipe?Share it