- 2 Cups All purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Prairie Farms Butter
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Prairie Farms Buttermilk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Red Food Coloring
- 8oz Prairie Farms Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 Cup Prairie Farms Butter softened
- pinch Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 4-5 Strawberries fresh, washed, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare a 15x10 inch rimmed baking sheet by coating with butter then line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium pot over low heat, add butter, water, and cocoa powder. Whisk constantly while bringing to a boil.
- Remove from heat, whisking in eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, and food coloring until well combined. Stir in flour mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until a tester inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan completely.
- In a large bowl, using a hand (or stand) mixer, beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and salt until smooth. Add powdered sugar. Beat until it reaches a smooth semi, thick consistency. Spoon frosting into a piping bag fitted with a large round tip.
- Assemble cakes: Using a circle cookie cutter of your choosing, cut out an even number of circles from the cooled sheet cake.
- Pipe frosting onto the bottom layer of each cake. Gently cover with top layer of cake. Pipe frosting on top then garnish with sliced strawberries. Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Love this Recipe?Share it