- 1 Cup Prairie Farms sour cream
- 1 Cup Fresh Cranberries
- 4 Cups flour
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 Cup Prairie Farms unsalted butter, cold
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, add sour cream and baking soda. Mix to blend.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix butter in using a pastry blender or two knives in a criss-cross fashion, until butter is broken into small morsels in the flour.
- Beat egg and mix into sour cream. Add sour cream mixture into dry mixture, working it in.
- Dough should be a bit dry, and use your hands to combine it. If needed add milk until combined. Aim for having drier dough, and careful not to overmix.
- When dough is combined, fold in the cranberries by hand.
- Divide into three equal circles, patting each into a circle that is one inch thick (width ranges from 6-7 inches). Cut each circle into six triangles.
- Bake on a well butter greased lined baking sheet for 15-20 minutes, until scones are browned nicely on the bottom and slightly on top.
- Top with a sprinkle of sugar (optional) and serve warm or chilled.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter