Chicken and Waffle Sliders
- 4 Cups cornflakes, lightly crushed
- 1/4 Cup Prairie Farms Whole buttermilk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 lb Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed, cut into 2" pieces
- 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 Large Eggs, seperated
- 1 3/4 Cup Prairie Farms Whole buttermilk
- Apples (optional)
- Maple Syrup or Honey
- Make the chicken: Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil. Place the cornflakes in a shallow bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, ¼ teaspoon salt and Cajun Seasoning; toss with chicken. Coat chicken in cornflakes, pressing gently to help them adhere, and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the waffles: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt (a dash).
- Using an electric mixer, beat 2 egg whites (keep yolks and set aside) until stiff peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 egg yolks and buttermilk. Add flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Gently fold in whites until no streaks remain.
- Working in batches, drop spoonfuls of batter (2 tablespoons each) on a waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer’s instructions until golden brown.
- Form sandwiches with waffles, chicken, apples (optional) and maple syrup.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter