Bruschetta with Cottage Cheese
- 4 tomatoes Vine Ripened
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt divided
- 1 tsp pepper divided
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 3 sprigs Fresh Thyme Leaves plus more for garnish
- 8 Slices Sourdough or Ciabatta Bread toasted
- 2 (5 oz) Cups Prairie Farms Small Batch Cottage Cheese Cups
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Peel the tomatoes by making a cross cut at the base of each and place in bowl. Pour boiling water over tomatoes to cover and leave for 1 minute. Remove from water and peel skins off. Chop tomatoes and place in medium sized bowl.
- Add olive oil, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper, garlic, and fresh thyme to chopped tomatoes. Stir to combine. Leave to macerate for at least 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese, lemon juice, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp pepper.
- Spoon the cottage cheese on top of toast and top generously with tomato mixture. Garnish with fresh thyme and enjoy immediately.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter