Servings: 12 People
- 6 Large Sweet Red and Yellow Bell Peppers, halved and seeded
- Water (as needed)
- 1 lb ground beef (lean)
- 3 Cans (8 oz) Tomato Sauce
- 1 Can (6 oz) tomato paste
- Salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder or Granulated Garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 Cartons (5 oz) Prairie Farms Lowfat Cottage Cheese
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- 1 Cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange bell peppers, cut-side up, in a baking dish; season with salt. Pour enough water into dish to be 1/4-inch depth.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, about 4-5 minutes; drain and discard grease. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt, oregano, garlic powder, and black pepper to ground beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until flavors blend, about 10-15 minutes.
- Fill each bell pepper with a heaping tablespoon cottage cheese; top with a layer of mozzarella cheese, a layer of Cheddar cheese, and meat sauce. Sprinkle each pepper with more mozzarella cheese and Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until peppers are tender and cheeses are melted, about 50 minutes.
Love this Recipe?Share it