Sugar Cookie Bars
- 1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup Prairie Farms unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 2 large eggs 1 egg and 1 Egg Yolk separated
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 Cup Red, Green, & White Sprinkles (jimmies)
- 6 oz Prairie Farms cream cheese softened
- 1/4 Cup Prairie Farms unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 Cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Red, Green, and White Holiday Sprinkles, garnish
- To Make Bars: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a little overhang on the sides.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand-mixer, or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter until smooth, about 1 minute. Add sugar and beat on medium speed until fluffy and light in color. Beat in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 3 parts, beating on medium speed until combined. Dough will be thick. Add sprinkles and fold in using a rubber spatula or mixing on low speed.
- Press cookie dough evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes until lightly brown on top, toothpick should come out clean. Allow the bars to cool to room temperature on a wire rack. Center will sink slightly, that’s okay.
- Make the Frosting. In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt. Mix until smooth.
- Spread frosting evenly over cooled bars. Top with sprinkles. Slice, serve and enjoy!
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter