Servings: 4 servings
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Prairie Farms butter
- 1 Cup all purpose flour
- 2 Quarts Sunflower or Canola Oil
Chocolate Dipping sauce
- 100 Grams milk or dark chocolate
- 1/2 Cup Prairie Farms Heavy Whipping Cream
- Mix cinnamon and sugar on a large plate and set aside. Line tray with baking paper.
- Heat water, sugar, salt, vanilla and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to boil then turn heat off and immediately add all flour.
- Stir the flour vigorously with a wooden spoon until the dough forms a ball. Set it aside for a few minutes to cool down a little but pipe while stir warm and pliable.
- Fit a large piping bag with a large closed star tip. Spoon dough into the bag and carefully pipe the hearts on the baking paper.
- Heat oil in a large, deep pot. If you have a candy thermometer clip it on. The oil is ready when it reaches 190C | 375F.
- Lower hearts into the oil using a wooden spoon. Do not fry more than 2 at a time as the oil temperature will drop. Flip and fry until golden - about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towels then roll in the cinnamon sugar.
- To make the chocolate sauce, heat cream until just boiling then pour it over the chopped chocolate. Let it stand a couple of minutes then stir until chocolate is melted. Serve the churros plain or dip them in the chocolate sauce.
Love this Recipe?Share it