Funnel Cake with Strawberries and Whipped Cream
- 1 1/2 cup Prairie Farms whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- powdered sugar garnish
- 6 strawberries cleaned, destemed, sliced
- Prairie Farms aerosol whipped cream
- Heat up a deep fryer with vegetable, canola, or peanut oil to 375 degrees F.
- In a large combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt. Next, beat together the milk and eggs in a small bowl. Then, combine wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into squeeze bottle with a wide tip. When oil is heated pour batter direclty into the oil. Be careful not to pour to quickly so the oil doesn't splash out. Pour in a circlular motion for a 4" wide cake.
- Heat in oil for 3-5 minutes untill batter is golden brown. Remove with metal tongs and place on a plate covered with a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Transfer cake to your serving plate and dust with powdered sugar. Then top with fresh strawberries and garnish generously with Prairie Farms aerosol whipped cream.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter