- 1 Tbsp Prairie Farms Salted Butter
- 1/3 Cup Onion, finely chopped
- Sea Salt
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 3.5oz Cup Prairie Farms Original Cream Cheese Spread, softened
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 10oz Package, Frozen Spinach thawed, strained of all water
- 3/4 Cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp Dill, fresh, chopped
- 2 tsp Lemon Zest
- Black Pepper
- All Purpose Flour
- 1 Sheet 17.3 oz Puff Pastry, packaged thaw in refrigerator
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions and season with salt. Cook until softened, stirring occasionally, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds more. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese and one egg until combined. Stir in garlic-onion mixture, spinach, feta, dill, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Grease 9 cups of a muffin tin with butter. On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry sheet to a 12” square. Cut into 9 smaller 4” squares. Ease each puff pastry square into a greased muffin cup, letting the corners hang over the sides. Add about 2 tablespoons of filling to the center of each. Fold in pastry corners to meet in the center over the filling and pinch together. Refrigerate for 30 minutes (or freeze for 15 minutes).
- Meanwhile, adjust an oven rack to center position and preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Beat remaining egg in a small bowl with 1 teaspoon water and brush on top of the chilled pastry.
- Bake until puffed and golden brown on the bottom and top, about 25 minutes. Let cool slightly before lifting out of the muffin tin. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Love this Recipe?Share it