Servings: 3 cups
- 1 15 lb Turkey
- 1/2 Gallon Prairie Farms whole milk
- 2 Gallons water
- 1 1/2 Gallons ice
- 3 Cups sugar
- 2 Cups kosher salt
- 4 Tbsp Oregano
- 4 Tbsp Peppercorn
- 4 Lemon (wedges)
- 4 Orange (wedges)
- 2 lbs tomatillos
- 2 Cups Prairie Farms whole milk
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro
- 1 onion
- 1/2 Cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- Bring all brine ingredients to a boil in large pot (except ice, milk).
- Remove brine from stove and add ice. Once completely cool, add in turkey and brine for 12-24 hours.
- Remove from brine, pat completely dry, place in roasting rack / pan and add milk to bottom of roasting pan. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Roast turkey until center of thigh reaches 165 F (around 2 1/2 – 3 1/2 hours, depending on your oven and temp of the turkey before cooking).
- In a medium pot add salsa suiza ingredients, using the roasting liquid to cover.
- Cook until soft, remove and blend with shredded cheese in a food processor or blender. Season as needed and serve with turkey.
Love this Recipe?Share it