Servings: 4 servings
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Cup white rice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Prairie Farms unsalted butter
- 12 oz Spam Canned
- 1/2 Cup onion diced
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 3/4 Cup peas Canned or frozen
- 3/4 Cup carrots Canned or frozen
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 Tbsp green onions chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp sriracha optional
- Bring water to a boil in a medium sauce pan. Add rice, stir once, and return to a boil. Cover and cook on low for 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Spread rice out on a large baking sheet and set aside. Let rice cool for 20 minutes before moving on to the next step.
- While rice is cooling, heat butter in a large deep skillet or wok over medium high heat.
- Add spam to the skillet and cook, stirring often, until browned, about 5 minutes. Add onions and cook for 2 more minutes. Add garlic and continue cooking for 30 seconds. Add peas and carrots to skillet and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Add rice to skillet, sprinkle with 1 1/2 tablespoons of soy sauce, ketchup and green onions and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Push everything in pan off to the side and crack the eggs into the empty space of the pan. Sprinkle with remaining soy sauce and stir to break up the eggs. When eggs are cooked through, stir them into the rice mixture.
- Remove from heat. Add a drizzle of sriracha, if desired.
Love this Recipe?Share it