- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large White Onion, diced
- 2 Carrots, peeled & chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Thyme, dried
- 1 1/2 lbs Ground Beef
- Kosher Salt & Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/3 Cup Red Wine
- 1 Cup Peas, frozen
- 1 Cup Corn, frozen
- 2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Beef Broth
- 2 lbs Potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 3 Tbsp Kosher salt
- 4 Tbsp Prairie Farms Salted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Prairie Farms Sour Cream
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper, ground
- Parsley, fresh, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, garlic, and thyme. Sauté until softened. While cooking, in a large pot add peeled potatoes and 2 tablespoons of salt. Fill with water until it just covers potatoes. Bring to a boil and continue to boil until potatoes have softened completely, about 16-18 minutes.
- Add ground beef to skillet, season with salt & pepper. Cook meat until browned. Stir in tomato paste and cook until paste has darkened in color and smells roasted, about 1 minute. Add red wine and deglaze pan, scraping any cooked bits off the bottom. Add peas & corn and cook until warmed through.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Add beef broth and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Transfer finished beef filling to a large baking dish and spread evenly across bottom. Set aside.
- Once potatoes have cooked through, remove from heat and drain water from pot. Add butter, sour cream, milk, black pepper, and 1 tablespoon of salt. Using a potato masher or hand mixer, mash potatoes and mix ingredients until smooth.
- Dollop mashed potatoes on top of beef filling and spread into an even layer. Transfer to oven and bake for 20 minutes. Until liquid has reduced and edges are browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool 15 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter