Egg Nog Truffles
- 12 oz White Chocolate
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Prairie Farms egg nog
- 4 oz Prairie Farms cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 tsp Rum, extract
- 1/2 Cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Colored Sprinkles
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, rum, powdered sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg with an electric mixer until smooth. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl at 50% power, melt 1/3 cup of white chocolate and Egg Nog for 30 seconds. Stir until completely melted. Add melted chocolate/egg nog into the cream cheese mixture and blend thoroughly. Place in freezer for 15 minutes for easier handling.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. To make truffles, Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on baking sheet. (Note: roll quickly, dough will become sticky when handled). Refrigerate for 15 minutes to harden.
- Melt remaining white chocolate in microwave, again on 50% power, stirring until smooth. Using a spoon, dip each truffle into chocolate, covering completely. Return truffles to prepared sheet, and top with colorful sprinkles immediately.
- Refrigerate truffles about 30 minutes, or until firm and chocolate is set. Store in an air tight container for up to 1 week.
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter