Servings: 18 puffs
- 1 package puff pastry dough
- 8 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cup Prairie Farms whole milk cold
- 1 cup Prairie Farms sour cream
- powdered sugar garnish
- Roll out 2 puff pastry sheets on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Use a 4" round cookie cutter to cut out circles from pastry. Then, stack 2 pastry circles on top of each other and press down the outer edges with your fingertips. Then, put the stacked discs into the freezer.
- Combine vanilla pudding mix according to package directions for pie filling with cold milk. Then, add 1 cup of Prairie Farms Sour Cream. Beat until pudding is smooth and thick. Put an icing bag with a large tip into a tall glass and fill with vanilla pudding. Then twist the end put in the fridge to set for 1 hour.
- Heat up a deep fryer with canola or vegetable oil. Remove pastry discs from the freezer and add one at a time into the deep fryer and submerge for 2-4 minutes until golden brown. The pastry will puff up to double the size as it cooks. Remove from fryer and transfer onto a plate lined with a paper towel. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Insert tip of vanilla filling into the side of the pastry and fill with about 2 tbsp of vanilla filling. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Love this Recipe?Share it