Servings: 8 servings
- 8 Oz Crescent Sheet Dough
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 3 Tbsp Prairie Farms butter Melted
- 1 egg Beaten, splash of Prairie Farms Milk to glaze
- Sanding Sugar or Pearl Sugar For topping
- Preheat to 375 F. On a lightly floured surface, shape dough into a rectangle with the long side running left to right in front of you. Using fingers, work the dough outward evenly to expand the rectangle until it is about 1/4” thick.
- In a small bowl blend the sugar/spice mixture well.
- Brush dough with the melted better, leaving a ¼” rim at the top edge for proper sealing. Sprinkle the sugar/spice mixture evenly over dough
- Starting at the bottom (i.e., long edge nearest you), roll dough tightly away from you. Keep the ends even as you slowly roll upwards. Pinch the ending seam tightly together, and roll the dough back towards you so this pinched seam is underneath.
- With a sharp knife cut the roll lengthwise in half, starting about 1” from the lefthand end. Expose the layers upward and braid the legs simply, one over the other until the legs have about an inch in length left. Don’t braid too tightly, as the dough will expand in the oven. Bring braids into a circle, split that initial 1” piece that held the braids together, and join these pieces to the ends and pinch together to complete.
- Line a cookie sheet with a piece of aluminum foil or parchment paper. Brush the top carefully with egg wash and sprinkle on some sanding sugar or pearl sugar if desired. Place your braided ring on top and put in the oven.
- Bake off about 11-13 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes on pan, then carefully remove to a serving plate.
Love this Recipe?Share it