Caramalized Crème Brûlée
- 2 1/2 cup Prairie Farms Heavy Whipping Cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tsp Prairie Farms Salted Caramel Milk
- 6 tsp brown sugar
- sea salt pinch
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Find a baking pan that will fit 6 oven safe ramekins without touching. Boil 3-6 cups of water.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat combine heavy whipping cream, egg yolks, sugar, salt, and salted caramel milk. Whisk until all ingredients are combined. Heat until mixture thickens and the temperature reaches 160 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Place ramekins onto baking sheet. Divide custard mixture between 6 ramekins. Pour boiling water into the baking sheet so it reaches halfway up the side of the ramekins to make a hot bath. Bake in center rake for 30 minutes or until custard is set.
- Remove baking pan from oven and remove ramikens from water bath to let cool. Drain water and put ramikens back on the baking sheet. Cover with a thin cloth and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove baking sheet with ramekins from the fridge 30 minutes before serving and uncover. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of brown sugar on each ramekin. Using a kitchen blowtorch heat the top of each custard evenly. Heat until the sugar coating turns brown and slightly bubbles. Let cool before serving.
- Use the back of a silver spoon to crack the crust of the Crème Brûlée and enjoy!
Let's Get Cooking!
Sign up for Prairie Farms Coupons & Newsletter