- 1 3/4 Cup All purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 10 Tbsp Prairie Farms Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Apple Cider
- 6 Tbsp Prairie Farms Salted Butter melted
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease doughnut pans or muffin tins with softened butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat butter, brown sugar, and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until incorporated. While the mixer is running on low, slowly stream in the apple cider and mix to combine. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Fill prepared pans with batter, about 2/3 of the way up. You can use a spoon or a piping bag to fill each section. Bake doughnuts for 12-15 minutes, until lightly golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Rotate pan halfway through baking to ensure an even bake.
- While baking prepare the cinnamon sugar coating. In a small bowl, stir together the cinnamon and sugar. In a separate small bowl, melt butter in microwave.
- Once doughnuts are baked, remove from pan and place them on a cooling rack. While doughnuts are still warm, brush with melted butter, then dredge with cinnamon sugar. Enjoy immediately or let cool to room temperature and store in an airtight container.
Love this Recipe?Share it