Servings: 8 people
- 2 Tbsp Prairie Farms unsalted butter
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 Granny Smith Apple diced
- 3 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 2 small Butternut Squashes about 2 Pounds total
- 2 Cups veggie or chicken broth, or a mix of both heated
- 2 Cups Prairie Farms Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 tsp Dry Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Dry Parsley
- Salt and pepper
- In a hot cast iron dutch oven or pot, melt butter until it turns brown on medium high heat. Add onion, apple and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the squash and cook for 10 minutes.
- Pour in hot broth and bring to a boil and cover. Reduce heat to a simmer for 20 minutes on low heat until squash is very soft. Add cream, blend with an immersion blender. Adjust seasoning once the soup is blended and strained.
Love this Recipe?Share it