- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp Prairie Farms unsalted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour divided
- 1 pkg Rapid Rise Yeast
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cups Prairie Farms unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Prairie Farms milk
- 1 1/2 tsp maple extract
- Preheat oven at 350°F/160°C
- In a small saucepan, combine water and butter. On medium, heat until butter is melted.
- In a large mixing bowl, add 1 cup of the flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Add water mixture and blend together. Add in the cinnamon, nutmeg, maple and egg. Mix until well combined.
- Add remaining 1 cup of flour and beat for about 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Pour dough into a greased 8x8-inch baking pan. Cover with a clean, dry towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size (about 45 minutes).
- While dough is rising, combine streusel ingredients with a pastry blender or your hands, until very crumbly. Set aside.
- When dough is ready, sprinkle streusel evenly over the top. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for about 35 minutes, until golden brown. Cool slightly on wire rack.
- While cooling, prepare glaze. Whisk together the powdered sugar, milk and maple until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake. Slice and enjoy!
Love this Recipe?Share it