Spiced Hot Chocolate
- 5 oz Dark Chocolate
- 3 1/2 oz Milk Chocolate
- 3 Cups Prairie Farms Whole Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Prairie Farms Whipping Cream
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 pod Star Anise
- 1 pod Cardamom
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Orange peel
- 1/2 Lemon peel
- 2 1/2 oz White Chocolate
- 3/4 Cup Prairie Farms Whipping Cream
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Cup Prairie Farms Whipping Cream
- 1 Vanilla Bean slice and scrape seeds out
- Prepare and refrigerate white chocolate Chantilly cream the day before preparing hot chocolate.
- In a large pot, add milk and cream and simmer on low to warm.
- Add star anise, cardamom pod, cinnamon stick, orange and lemon peels to milk. Remove from heat, cover with a lid, and let steep for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Strain the cream through a fine mesh strainer, then whisk in sugar to incorporate. Return to a simmer.
- Add dark and milk chocolate to a large bowl. Pour in 1 cup of warmed cream and let sit for 3 minutes.
- Whisk together chocolate and cream until smooth. Slowly add chocolate mixture back into the warmed cream, whisking until incorporated. Return to a simmer to warm. Stir often.
White Chocolate Chantilly Cream
- In a medium size pot, add 1 cup of cream, honey, vanilla bean paste and the pod. Stir to blend and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat, cover and let steep for 15 minutes.
- Pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer to remove the vanilla bean.
- In a large glass bowl, add white chocolate. Add warmed cream, whisking to blend. Slowly add 1 1/2 cups of cold cream and whisk to incorporate. Cover bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving hot chocolate, whisk chilled Chantilly cream until soft peaks form. Pour hot chocolate into mugs and dollop on cream as desired.Try a dusting of cinnamon or chocolate shavings to garnish. Enjoy!
Courtesy of Chef Nathaniel Reid
Love this Recipe?Share it